It’s been a while since I did a Thursday tidbits. Just a few things:
I want fall to get here just in the hopes that things will slow down a bit! In the meantime:
Unfortunately, that is all I have today. I did start reading Mockingjay but I’m only about 50 pages in due to lack of time. Hopefully I can really get in to it this weekend!
Happy National Library week, and happy tax day! Today is the last day to ask your Congressperson to support libraries – ALA makes it so easy for you! Go send your email now!
We finally went back to school on Wednesday this week. I can’t believe we had 2 weeks off due to the February snow.
It was a month ago today that we had to put Jake to sleep. I miss him more than I can say.
Today is my 1 year blogiversary! Happy birthday, little blog! Just a couple tidbits for today:
- Puppy cam is back! The famous shiba inu who had her puppy cam once before has given birth to another litter. Puppies always brighten a day!
- I have long been a fan of Joshua Jackson, and I don’t hide it. He’s my TV boyfriend. Here is an awesome older interview (about a year old). He talks about Fringe and buying his childhood home. My favorite part is when he talks about slipping and calling himself Pacey on Fringe.
- There are some exciting YA books due out this year!
- February 2nd is less than a week away! That day will bring the Oscar nominations and the final season of LOST! So exciting!
- I sent home 3 packages from ALA Midwinter: 1 poster tube, 1 small package of books and 1 large box of books. Both the poster tube and small package arrived last week, but my box is still MIA. I am worried all those books will never arrive! I didn’t insure it or get a tracking number, unfortunately.
- There was a great blog blitz of bloggers putting forth unsung YA lit and it is worth checking out. I was glad to see some great titles on many lists!
Today’s Thursday Tidbits will be short because I have two other posts today: the final V.C. Andrews book in the Read the Good Trash challenge and my top ten favorite YA-related books of 2009. So, quickly:
Merry Christmas Eve!
Does the song “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” creep anyone else out? The singer is either watching Mommy cheat on Daddy, or watching his or her parents engage in weird role playing. Another Christmas song I can’t stand is “Little Drummer Boy” – the melody is grating and that incessant “pa-rum-pum-pum-pum.”
Just a few things to share this week:
I can’t believe it is December already!
- I’m on a few listservs, and while I appreciate the help they can provide, they often provide just as much frustration. I am glad to learn I’m not alone in this, as Cindy and Lynn feel the same way.
- Have you seen Things Librarians Fancy? It’s old, and I meant to share it before, and just forgot. But it is pretty correct!
- I had no idea that Mo Willems and Jon J. Muth are collaborating on a book – City Dog, Country Frog. They are two of my favorite children’s book authors! Mo Willems posted a photo of the cover on his blog and I am in love with that dog! I can’t wait to read it!
- I’m late to the game, but have you seen Awful Library Books? I know I weeded the Nov. 16th book from my high school library last year. I’m sending this blog to anyone who complains about us weeding the library.
- Red Dog Rising sounds really interesting, and the foreword is written by one of the Mythbusters, but I need to know if the dog dies at the end. I can’t read books where the dog dies, I’m always left too traumatized.
I hope everyone is having/had a great Thanksgiving! It’ll be short, but here are my Thursday tidbits!