I’m going on a beach vacation in a few weeks and have been putting together my beach reading list. So far, I am planning to take:
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (I read her first novel, Sharp Objects, a couple years ago and it is awesome!)
- The Likeness by Tana French (Her first, Into the Woods, is an amazing novel, and while I have heard this one just isn’t as good, I’m still willing to give it a shot.)
- Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan
- Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen (I’ve only recently started to discover the awesomeness of Ms. Dessen, despite the fact that I have been recommending her books to my students.)
- Goat Song by Brad Kessler (An email newsletter I receive recently quoted the opening lines and they had me hooked. I do have a life-long affection for goats, which might have some bearing on my desire to read it.)
- Hello Goodbye by Emily Chenoweth
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon (Her new one comes out in September and I have been slowly re-reading the series to refresh my memory. This was the most recent book in the Outlander series, my last to re-read. She quickly became one of my favorites after my friend Mere suggested her and I haven’t looked back since.)
- Infinite Jest by DFW (Can’t get behind in the schedule just because I am on vacation!)
8 books for a 7 day vacation might be a bit of wishful thinking. A couple are quick reads, but a could are long – if you know Diana Gabaldon, you know how long her books are. But it never hurts to be over-prepared!
Since we are into the swing of summer, do you have any books you must read this summer, or anything you have read already that you love?