Merry Christmas Eve!
- If you have not been introduced to the awesomeness of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series, maybe this post on Galleysmith can give you an idea of what you are missing.
- Looking for a book to read over the holidays? Harper Teen has made Lesley Livingstone’s Wondrous Strange available online as a free ebook, and Maureen Johnson is providing the free ebook of Suite Scarlett!
- 100 Scope Notes looks back at the year in Children’s Lit.
- The producers are holding fast to their pledge to not air new footage, but the way the new LOST trailer is cut using old footage makes me even more excited for the final season!
- While I don’t condone stereotyping, this post about stereotyping by one’s favorite author is pretty funny.
- This video of a Doggy Christmas Surprise is so cute!
- This is a montage of the movies from 2009. It reminds me that I’ve seen a lot of good movies this year, and have many more that need to be added to my Netflix queue. It is long (7 minutes) but worth watching if you are a movie fan.
Does the song “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus” creep anyone else out? The singer is either watching Mommy cheat on Daddy, or watching his or her parents engage in weird role playing. Another Christmas song I can’t stand is “Little Drummer Boy” – the melody is grating and that incessant “pa-rum-pum-pum-pum.”