Wow, all the snow we have been getting in the DC metro area has been crazy! We haven’t had school since Thursday. You would think that after a week off, I would be all caught up in things that need to get done, but no – I have wasted so much time just watching the snow and going out in it. The practical side of me says this is such a waste of time, but the rest of my disagrees. I have never seen this much snow fall in such a short amount of time. I find the snow so beautiful, and the cold always pleases me. It is also awesome that in a time of technology, Mother Nature can still make everyone pause. Extreme weather can bring out the best and the worst in people. My husband has been helping a lot of our neighbors dig out, and he’s also been helping people get cars unstuck. We lost count of how many times someone has gotten stuck driving down our residential road and cars just stack up behind them, waiting for the first car to dig out, but never getting out to offer to help.
I hope everyone is staying safe and warm whether facing the SnOverload or some other February weather. In the meantime, here are some Thursday tidbits!
- If you still need proof that dogs are better than cats, this article speaks in the favor of dogs.
- Regardless of your politics, you have to admit that Bo in the snow is very adorable!
- Tips from my county on being prepared to take car of your pets in an emergency.
- If you like movies, you might want to give the Mean Dawg Top 5 podcast a listen. I am friends with a couple of the guys, and they quit making new podcasts a while ago but recently announced they are picking it back up. They pick a topic and each bring their list of top 5 movies in that topic and debate and argue.
- Have you seen Gone With the Wind With Vampires?
- Have you seen Bruce the Funny Dog?
- On a serious note, a great blog post from a teacher explaining the way increasing class sizes affects his teaching.
- An interesting article about the difference between Baby Boomer parents and Gen X parents from the viewpoint of a school administrator.