Just some final Oscar thoughts/tidbits. I’m going to try to get on-line and post my final Oscar predictions before the show starts tonight. We’ll be watching from a friend’s house. I’m looking forward to the show!
- I’m totally Team Gabby! I loved her and Carey Mulligan the most out of the actresses I watched this year, and I know neither will win, but I wish they could. If you aren’t aware of how awesome Gabourey Sidibe is, read about how she slapped Chris Rock. She is AWESOME.
- I feel bad for the people in the NYC area who are without ABC due to cable negotiations gone bad. The good news is that the AP will be streaming the awards tonight so people can still watch.
- I agree with Roger Ebert: there is something in the air this year that just tingles of a surprise or two. With the weird new way voting worked for Best Picture, I’d love hear the gasps when something like Up actually wins.
- I’ll admit, I haven’t seen The Blind Side. But I have read a lot about it in the race to the Oscars, and I was so glad to read Mark Harris say what I (and I imagine plenty of others) are thinking about it. It is especially interesting to hear about the things left out from the book. This quote, from the end of the article, gets to the heart of it, “The Blind Side is a fable of exceptionalism about a kid who’s worth saving because he might become a superstar. Precious is about a kid who’s worth saving simply because she’s a human being.”
- I read somewhere (so bad to actually say that but I don’t have the time to find it) that Alec Baldwin has some of the 30 Rock writers writing for the show tonight. If this is true, the jokes are bound to be better than the usual bad Oscar jokes.
- It’s not Oscar related, but Neil Patrick Harris is narrating a PBS show about service dogs. LOVE.
- If I could pick who I WANTED to win tonight, I would vote Dug in every category!
Enjoy the Oscars if you watch, and if not have a great Sunday!