I’m back from ALA and I think I have recovered! It was a great conference and I will write about it in the coming week. For now, to ease back in to the blogging habit, I thought I would do my old Thursday Tidbits to share stuff I am loving right now.
- Are you watching The Fabulous Beekman Boys on Discovery’s Planet Green? I am loving this show so much. Two NYC guys who have been together for 10 years buy a farm out in the country. They grow vegetables and care for 80 goats, some pigs and chickens, and one awesome llama named Polka Spot, with lots of help from Farmer John. They also make and sell soap from their goat milk. One of the guys, Josh, still maintains a job in NYC so he commutes every week, leaving Brent to work full-time at the farm. The editing, of course, really plays up the fights and drama, but you can tell Brent and John love each other and the life they have built. My favorite thing is that they have a goat cam in their barn, so you can go online to watch the goats (and Polka Spot!) whenever you want. I admit to pretty much having it open on a browser tab at all times. Goats are awesome.
- BP’s Coffee Spill – very funny! Less funny: an oil-soaked wave.
- If you didn’t follow Jamie’s Seventeen Magazine Project while she was doing it, it is worth going back and reading her blog about it, and what she has done since. The next time someone complains that all teens are getting less intelligent, show them this.
- Why LOST fans should start watching Fringe, if they are not already.
- A blind fox becomes a foster dad – very moving.
- I embrace this 100% – Why I’ll Never Be an Adult (strong language, FYI).
That’s it for today. Coming soon: ALA-related posts and pictures, MANY book thoughts, and why you should get your library involved with Wrestlemania this year!