I am really ashamed to only now be posting my thoughts on Kimberly Derting‘s The Body Finder. It’s been so long, it’s going to have to be another Fast Five.
- I’ll start with the one thing I didn’t like: I had a REALLY hard time believing that Violet could be THAT oblivious to Jay’s romantic interest in her. She also makes some stupid decisions in the book that, unfortunately, leave her looking like a world-class idiot, but most of the time, she seems like a smart, independent girl. I could never reconcile this.
- That being said, I loved the relationship between Violet and Jay. LOVED it.
- I REALLY loved Jay. Talk about a boy who makes you feel twitterpated.
- It is a great mix of real life, mystery, and fantasy. I think the book will appeal to a wide range of fans because of the great mix of elements.
- Violet’s parents are around (which doesn’t always happen in YA books) and they are aware of her gift. This made the book feel some what “real” since it wasn’t Violet’s deep dark secret, yet she also doesn’t come from a gifted family.
I’m looking forward to the sequel, Desires of the Dead.
I am an Amazon Associate. If you click from here to Amazon and buy something, I receive a percentage of the purchase price.