Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly; read in November, 2010. ARC provided by publisher at ALA Annual.
Many people have said more intelligent things than I can say about this book, so this is a fast one.
1. I loved Revolution. Loved it.
2. The cover was “eh” to me, but it was the first line of the book that sold me on reading it. “Those who can, do. Those who can’t, deejay.” How can you not want to read a book that starts like that?
3. It is an amazing mix of modern YA fiction and obviously-researched historical fiction.
4. I was so wrapped up in Andi’s heartbreak, I had a really hard time ever putting the book down.
5. The ending is perfect: hopeful without being too “tied-up-in-a-pretty-package.”