I am craving a new book to read, but I have a very specific craving.
Something similar to:
- FitzOsbornes in Exile (and A Brief History of Montmaray but I liked Exile more)
- The American Heiress
- Downton Abbey
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Brideshead Revisited (although I didn’t LOVE it, but it has the setting I might like)
I’m thinking a book that deals with:
- upper class (but can also have other lower class characters)
- late 1800s to beginning of WWII (but nothing set in the frontlines of a war), but I lean towards 1900 – 1920s
- European in setting but would also be open to the northeast US
- somewhat literary – I don’t want a bodice-ripper or trash, but I also do not require a literary masterpiece
- can be YA but am thinking it will be easier to fill my needs with adult fiction
Any ideas? I’m coming up dry so far.