Wow, thank you, Cathy! Cathy at Words World and Wings has awarded me (along with 9 others) the Kreativ Blogger award!
The award has some rules:
1) Copy the picture and post it on your blog.
2) Thank the person that gave it to you and link to their blog.
3) Write 7 things about yourself we don’t know.
4) Choose 7 other bloggers to pass the award to.
5) Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6) Notify your 7 bloggers.
So, let’s see, 7 things about me that you won’t know. I’m going to assume that you, the reader, is someone who does not know me well.
1. I like to laugh, and I am often told I have a great laugh. My dear friend Kathy describes it as “bells and butterflies” and more than one person has told me it is infectious.
2. I love mittens and refuse to ever wear gloves. Recently, I’ve had a hard time finding decent mittens, though. For some reason, companies are making these faux-mittens that look like mittens, but when you stink your hand inside, the fingers are separated like gloves. I don’t understand the thinking behind these. Mittens allow your fingers to keep each other warm, whereas gloves give you the freedom of individual fingers but each finger must keep itself warm. So why get rid of the freedom of gloves, but still keep your fingers separated so they cannot keep each other warm? I also don’t like fleece or knit mittens because I feel like the wind comes through both materials easily. So, I’m picky about my mittens.
3. While living in New York City, I fell in love with salt bagels. These are hard to find in my area now, and it is one of the few things I miss about NYC.
4. I love ghosts and ghost stories and have had several spooky encounters. Despite this, I have never actually SEEN a ghost and would prefer to keep it that way.
5. The earliest career goal I remember having was to be a professional reader. No one had the heart to tell me that no one would ever pay me to sit around and read all day without doing additional work.
6. I would rather be cold than hot. This seems to put me in opposition with most members of my gender.
7. Grey, rainy, cool days are my favorite, although I’ll take any rain I can get. I find it comforting and cleansing. I feel closer to the Earth, both the ground and the green things and the atmosphere and the ocean. Whether curled up in a cozy place, driving, sitting under a porch, walking with or without an umbrella – I love all of it.
Thank you again to Kathy! My pick for the next 7 bloggers will be coming ASAP!